1. This Agreement governs the use by Customer of Pixlee’s provided software and hosted software-as-a-service offerings, including other third-party software or hosted cloud service providers, inclusive of such limitations or optional features as may be specified to Customer in any user documentation, Order, which may include a statement of work (“collectively, Subscription”). Pixlee reserves the right to modify and update the features and functionality of the Subscription from time to time in its sole discretion. Subscription is neither contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features nor dependent on any oral or written public comments made by Pixlee regarding future functionality or features.
2. Subject to all terms and conditions of this Agreement, Pixlee hereby grants to Customer the right to access and use the Subscription during the term as expressly agreed in applicable Order(s) and strictly limited to Customer’s legitimate business purposes. Customer represents and warrants Customer has all rights necessary for use of any third-party content in connection with the Subscription, including, but not limited to, photos, videos, or other digital content and associated data (collectively, “Content”). Customer is solely responsible for any use of Content used during the Subscription. Customer will have sole discretion as to which Content it will collect and utilize in connection with Customer’s use of the Subscription. Pixlee has no obligation to monitor or edit the Customer use of Subscription and shall process Content as directed by Customer. Pixlee reserves the right to remove any Content from the Subscription which Pixlee reasonably believes may violate this Agreement or any law, rule or regulation or infringe, misappropriate or violate any third-party intellectual property right or privacy right or reasonably expose either party to liability. Customer acknowledges that all content shall be subject to Pixlee’s policies, including Pixlee’s U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) Policy, which may be found at https://www.pixlee.com/dmca. PIXLEE IS A THIRD-PARTY INTERMEDIARY WHO SOLELY TRANSFERS CONTENT FROM THE END USER TO CUSTOMER. PIXLEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, PRIVACY OR MISAPPROPRIATION CLAIMS, OR ANY OTHER CIVIL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. Customer represents and warrants to use best practices and not to violate any applicable laws, rules, regulations or third-party rights in connection with its use of Subscription. Customer may use third party subcontractors strictly for legitimate internal business purposes, but never allow access or use by any third party working for or reasonably representing the interests of business competitors of Pixlee. Customer remains fully responsible for all activities of any such third-party subcontractors occurring under Customer’s Subscription account.
4. Customer acknowledges that use of the Subscription is provided only for Customer’s own internal and lawful use and agrees not to use the Subscription for the benefit of any third party. Customer agrees not to attempt to, nor allow any third party to: (i) copy or make derivative works of the Subscription, or make the Subscription available to any third party or use the Subscription on a service bureau or time sharing basis, (ii) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the Subscription or otherwise attempt to reconstruct or discover any source code, underlying ideas or algorithms of the Subscription; (iii) disseminate performance information relating to the Subscription; (iv) use the Subscription to develop a competitive product offering; or (v) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Subscription, or unreasonably burden the infrastructure utilized by Pixlee to deliver the Subscription. Customer may not use any automated means (such as robots or scripts) to access the Subscription except as may be enabled and authorized by Pixlee or access or use the Subscription to: (1) promote or provide instructions or information about how to engage in illegal conduct, commit illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury; (2) spread, incite, promote or justify racial hatred, xenophobia, antisemitism or other forms of hatred based on intolerance, including but not limited to: intolerance expressed by aggressive nationalism and ethnocentrism, discrimination and hostility against minorities, migrants and people of immigrant origin or any other form deemed contrary to fundamental human rights and freedoms; or (3) involve any activities that are contrary to morality or public order.
5. To the extent that Pixlee processes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”) in the course of providing the Subscription, it will do so in accordance with the requirements of this Agreement and in accordance with its Data Processing Addendum as posted and updated from time to time at: https://www.pixlee.com/terms#dpa. Pixlee will process the Personal Data only for the purpose of providing the Subscription and in accordance with Customer’s lawful instructions. Customer will comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international privacy, data protection, and security laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, laws relating to the collection, use, reuse, processing, storage, security, protection, handling, cross-border transfer and disclosure of Personal Data. Customer has and will continue to have, the right to transfer, or provide access to, the Personal Data to Pixlee for processing in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. The parties acknowledge and agree that, in connection with its processing of Personal Data in connection with the Subscription, (i) Customer shall be considered a ‘controller’ for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR), and a ‘business’ for purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), (ii) Pixlee shall be considered a ‘processor’ for purposes of GDPR, and a ‘service provider’ for purposes of CCPA, and (iii) Pixlee’s processing of Personal Data shall be considered a ‘business purpose’ for purposes of CCPA. Pixlee’s Data Processing Addendum is incorporated into this Agreement by reference, and in the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and Pixlee’s Data Processing Addendum, the terms of the Data Processing Addendum shall prevail, but only with respect to the subject matter thereof.
6. Support services will be delivered by Pixlee in accordance with Pixlee’s then-current support terms (https://www.pixlee.com/service-level-agreement) as they may be restated from time to time by Pixlee’s Service Level Agreement (“SLA”). Pixlee agrees that any such support services shall not be materially reduced during the Term of this Agreement.
7. Each party shall keep confidential and not disclose to any third party or use (except as required by this Agreement), any non-public information, obtained from the other party (“Confidential Information”); provided, however, that neither party shall be prohibited from disclosing or using Confidential Information that: (i) is publicly available or becomes publicly available through no act or omission of the receiving party, (ii) is or has been rightfully disclosed to such party by a third party who is not under an obligation of confidentiality with respect thereto, (iii) is or has been independently developed by such party, without use or reference to the other party’s Confidential Information, or (iv) must be used or disclosed under court order or applicable law, provided such use or disclosure is to the minimum extent required by such court order or applicable law. Each party acknowledges and agrees that, due to the unique nature of Confidential Information, there can be no adequate remedy at law for breach of this Section and that such breach would cause irreparable harm to the non-breaching party; therefore, the non-breaching party shall be entitled to seek immediate injunctive relief, in addition to whatever remedies it might have at law or under this Agreement.
8. Customer shall pay Pixlee the fees, costs and expenses as referenced in or referred to in each Order. Subscription fees under an Order shall be due and payable in advance of the applicable period. Except as otherwise explicitly described herein, Subscription fees are non-refundable and non-cancellable. Customer agrees to pay the undisputed amounts of each invoice within thirty (30) days of the invoice date, and each invoice shall be deemed undisputed unless Pixlee receives written notice of the basis for the dispute within thirty (30) days of the invoice date. All payments will be made in U.S. dollars and without any deductions for any reason. Any amounts due to Pixlee under this Agreement not received by the date due will be subject to a late fee of 1.5% per month, or the maximum charge permitted by law, whichever is less. Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pixlee from any reasonable costs associated with collecting fees due under the terms of this Agreement. Customer is responsible for paying any and all withholding, sales, value added or other taxes, duties or charges applicable to this Agreement, other than taxes based on Pixlee’s net income. Pixlee reserves the right to immediately suspend Subscription if Customer is delinquent on payment for undisputed amounts and Pixlee has not received payment fifteen (15) business days after written notice of such late payment is provided to Customer. Any pre-printed purchase order terms or conditions set forth on Company purchase orders or other documents provided by Company in connection with payments hereunder shall have no force or effect on Pixlee.
9. Pixlee may suspend any Service(s) or Subscription(s) immediately if it reasonably believes that Customer is in material breach of this Agreement or such suspension is reasonably necessary to mitigate economic loss for either party due to an imminent or current breach of this Agreement. If either party otherwise materially breaches this Agreement (including failure to make any payment hereunder), the other party may terminate this Agreement by giving the breaching party thirty (30) days written notice of such breach, unless the breach is cured within the notice period. Upon termination for any reason, Customer shall promptly delete any and all software provided by Pixlee for use of the Subscription and thereon remains solely liable and shall indemnify Pixlee for any Customer use of Content before or after termination. Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Pixlee for any and all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities, judgments, settlements, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from damages related to Customer’s failure to delete software after termination. Sections, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 (for payments that are due prior to the expiration or termination), 9, 10, 12, 13 and any indemnification obligations shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
10. As between the parties, Pixlee owns and/or retains all right, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in and to the Subscription and any software, trademarks, technology, materials and information acquired, created, authored, made, conceived or reduced to practice by Pixlee (collectively, “Pixlee IP”). Pixlee reserves the right to display its logos, or other current attribution as necessary such as “Powered by Pixlee”. Customer is not required to provide any ideas, feedback or suggestions regarding any of Pixlee’s products or Subscription (“Feedback”) to Pixlee. To the extent Customer does provide any Feedback to Pixlee, Customer hereby grants to Pixlee a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license (with the right to grant sublicenses) to use, make, sell and otherwise exploit in any manner such Feedback without payment of any compensation to Customer. PIXLEE DOES NOT WARRANT RESULTS OF USE OR THAT THE SUBSCRIPTION IS ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR THAT USE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. SUBSCRIPTION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW, PIXLEE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR EXPRESSED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
11. Pixlee will defend Customer and indemnify Customer against costs, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) paid to unaffiliated third parties and arising out of any claim that the Subscription, during the Term, infringes any U.S. patent, copyright, trade secret or trademark (“Claim”); provided that: (i) Customer promptly notifies Pixlee in writing after Customer’s receipt of notification of a potential Claim; (ii) Pixlee shall have an opportunity to assume sole control of the defense of such Claim and all related settlement negotiations; and (iii) Customer provides Pixlee, at Pixlee’s request and expense, with the assistance, information and authority necessary to perform Pixlee’s obligations under this Section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Pixlee shall have no liability for any Claim to the extent it is based on (i) Customer’s written specifications or direction, or (ii) Customer’s or any agent of Customer’s modification of the Subscription. If, due to a Claim, (i) the Subscription is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be or are believed by Pixlee to infringe, or (ii) Customer receives a valid court order enjoining Customer from using the Subscription, Pixlee may at its expense, (i) replace or modify the Subscription to be non-infringing provided that such modification or replacement contains substantially similar features and functionality, or (ii) obtain for Customer the necessary rights or licenses so Customer may continue using the Subscription or (iii) terminate its indemnity obligation for further activity by requesting that Customer cease use of the Subscription and then refunding to Customer the unamortized portion of the fees for the Subscription at issue hereunder (assuming amortization on a straight-line basis over the Term of the Agreement). Customer will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pixlee from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, liabilities, judgments, settlements, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from any third party in connection with its use, its consultants or agents use of the Subscription that violates applicable law or arising from a breach of this Agreement.
12. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, EXCEPT FOR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, BODILY INJURY OR ANY DUTY FOR WHICH A PARTY IS OBLIGATED TO INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND, WHICH SUCH LIABILITY FOR INDEMNITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THREE MILLION US DOLLARS ($3,000,000), THE OTHER PARTY IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY ORDER, IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR (II) EXCEPT FOR CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO PAY ANY AMOUNTS UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ANY AMOUNT GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID (PLUS, IN THE CASE OF CUSTOMER, OWED) TO PIXLEE UNDER THE APPLICABLE ORDER IN WHICH THIS AGREEMENT IS REFERENCED DURING THE 12 MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE THE CAUSE OF ACTION FIRST AROSE. Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform (excluding failures to make any payments due hereunder), which is due to causes beyond the reasonable control of said party, including, but not limited to, acts or omissions of a third party, acts of God, acts of the public enemy, acts of any governmental authority in its sovereign capacity (including legislation that makes performance herein impossible, impractical, or economically unreasonable), fires, floods, power outages, hurricanes, earthquakes, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, strikes or other labor disputes and freight embargoes (a “Force Majeure Event”).
13. This Agreement and any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (1980) and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act are hereby excluded in their entirety from application to this Agreement. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement that cannot be resolved within a period of thirty (30) days after written notice of a dispute has been given by one party hereunder to the other, shall be finally settled by arbitration in San Francisco, California, using the English language in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS/Endispute (“JAMS”). The parties’ consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Northern District of California. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees. Neither party may assign its rights and obligations herein, except a party may assign this Agreement to a successor who acquires substantially all a party’s relevant assets or business.
Please find the Data Processing Ammendment linked here.